From preliminary assessments of flood risk through to detailed site specific flood risk assessments, sequential and exception testing, flood map challenges and the preparation of flood management plans we provide best in class advice to ensure a positive outcome. With Weetwood in your team you can be sure that you will have maximised the likelihood of making a success of your development.
Services we provide include:
- Preliminary Appraisals of Flood Risk: Often our clients require a preliminary assessment of flood risk to assess the development potential of land, identify potential constraints to development (or opportunities) or to prepare evidence to help promote a site for development.
- Flood Risk Assessments: No matter what flood zone, we can prepare Flood Risk Assessment (England) and Flood Consequence Assessment (Wales) reports to accompany planning applications or for insurance purposes. Always putting our clients first, our assessments comply with planning policy but seek to identify the most cost effective solutions and secure planning conditions that can be readily discharged.
- Flood Map Challenges: Many accept the flood zones presented on the Flood Map for Planning. We don’t. If we believe that the flood map may be overstating flood risk we have the expertise, tools and track record to formally challenge the flood map, potentially leading to the flood map being updated. A successful challenge can help increase land values, increase developable areas or reduce insurance premiums.
- Sequential Test and Exception Test: The Sequential Test can be a significant impediment to securing planning consent for development. We can undertake sequential assessments to demonstrate that the Sequential Test has been appropriately addressed thereby enabling development to proceed. We can also undertake the work required to demonstrate that the Exception Test has been passed.
- Flood Management Plans: We can prepare Flood Management Plans for all types of developments including care homes, caravan and camp sites, marinas, commercial units, retail units, residential developments and car parks.
Using industry standard software (Flood Estimation Handbook, Flood Modeller Pro, TuFLOW) and best in class techniques we tailor our approach according to the level of flood risk, the development proposals, the planning strategy and timescales in order to maximize the chances of a positive outcome and best value for money. We always place our clients first.